Puppy Sales Contract and Agreement
This contract is between Penny Handmacher, 865-221-4353, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
hereinafter referred to as BREEDER/OWNER/SELLER and _____________, hereinafter referred to as BUYER(s).
Address of Buyer: ___________________________________________________________________
Breeder agrees to sell Buyer _____________________________ puppy whelped _________________
Sire: “_________________” (_________________) Dam: __________________ (_______________)
For the sum of $___________ less the non-refundable earnest deposit of $___________received on ___________, and puppy selection deposit of $________ received on ___________. If for some reason, after approved by the Breeder, the Buyer is unable to purchase the reserved puppy, the Buyer may place the non-refundable deposit on a future puppy/dog from another litter. The remaining balance of $________.00 plus shipping charges of $_______.00 is due via pay pal personal payment and deposited in bank 2 weeks prior to shipping.
1) The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision.
2) The Breeder guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health certificate or vet record and record of all shots/wormings will be provided by the Breeder. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of his/her choice within 72 hours for a physical examination. Should puppy/dog be determined to have a life threatening illness or life threatening genetic deficit proven by scientific testing from labs/x-rays, the dog may, upon signed written diagnosis from said veterinarian, be returned for refund of the purchase price less shipping and all other fees due to shipping and payment processing. This 3 day warranty does not cover worms/parasites which can be normal for puppies. The Buyer is also responsible for any fees associates with returning puppy to Breeder. A detailed health/shot record must be provided by a licensed veterinarian to prove buyer has taken all precautions/recommendations to ensure puppy is in good health. The Breeder is in no way responsible for any veterinarian or medical bills incured by the Buyer after the puppy is placed in the Buyers care. The Breeder highly recommends that the Buyer not take this puppy into public places such as doggy parks/Pet Smart etc., that may have been exposed to ill dogs which may have parvo that is highly contagious until the puppy has all of it Parvo vaccines from their veterinarian. Parvo can live on surfaces/ground for up to 6 months. The Breeder also guarantees this puppy to be free from genetic deficits for up to 26 months and this guarantee does not cover hip dysplasia, as there are many factors other than genetics that can contribute to hip dysplasia in large breed dogs. Should the puppy/dog be determined to have a life threatening genetic deficit diagnosed by a licensed veterinarian and proven by written documentation and lab reports from said veterinarian within 26 months of age, the Breeder agrees to replace the puppy/dog with a puppy/dog from a future litter bred by the Breeder free of charge. The Breeder is not responsible for any shipping cost or fees associated with the replacement puppy/dog to the Buyer.
3) The Buyers agree not to use this animal for breeding and agrees to have it spayed/neutered at the age recommended by their veterinarian (usually 6 months to 1 year of age).
4) If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog and is not able to obtain an appropriate new home, the Breeder is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of dog in order for the Breeder to locate this dog a new home. The dog will be returned with all medical records. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
5) The Buyer agrees to contact the Breeder immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, health or training. The buyer agrees to keep the Breeder informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health or our dogs for future generations.
It is understood at the time of sale that this is a pet quality dog and it is representative of its breed. It is structurally and temperamentally suited as a companion and/or obedience dog. Training classes are recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family.
Agreed to this date__________________________